Friday, September 8, 2017

Day 8 - Joy

TODAY’S NUDGE: What do you do to foster joy? What’s your version of ‘flinging glitter in the trenches?”



I had to think where is my joy, what makes me joyful.  Sometimes I feel like I have lost it.  That there is no joy. I look at all the devastation, the violence and unrest, the mess our country is in.  I think, how can I even think of having joy?  When I need joy, I usually go outside and try to find it in the little things to capture with my camera.  A flower,  a butterfly, a bug, a bird, the cats.

The neighbor's cows bring me joy.  I have a really soft spot for one, her name is MiniBelle.  Her momma died 2 weeks after she was born.  They bottle fed her.  This year she became a momma herself for the first time.  Her baby looks a lot like her. Here is one of my favorite photos of Miss MiniBelle with our beloved Sally.



And then there's the dragonfly that comes to visit and the humming bird that likes to buzz by me.  And there's little Miss MM, who is growing like a weed and learning words and things.  

I find joy in cooking even if it's just comfort food from a box or watching a show.

My glitter bottle isn't empty, I just forgot where I put it sometimes and then I think it's empty.  But it's there, it's always there.

No comments:

Post a Comment