Friday, September 29, 2017

Day 29 - Recap

Today’s Nudge: Recap the month.

“In many shamanic societies, if you came to a medicine person complaining of being disheartened, dispirited, or depressed, they would ask one of four questions: "When did you stop dancing? When did you stop singing? When did you stop being enchanted by stories? When did you stop being comforted by the sweet territory of silence?”

― Gabrielle Roth

As I was writing my post for my Wordpress blog, this quote came to mind.  It's sums up Effy and this entire month of blog postings. With a gentle nudge every day she prompted us with a question.  It was our choice to use the nudge or not for our posts. I only deviated once.  Whether she knows it or not, she was the medicine woman this month. 

By her prompts, nudges, I dug a little.  Not as far as I would like to have dug, but that gentle digging you do when you are planting flowers in a flower bed.  With a little trowel you sit and you dig little holes to plant seeds or small plants in hopes that they grow into something beautiful.  This month as sort of felt like tending a garden that has been a little neglected, under watered and weeds creeping in.

It has made me realize that I am still in people pleaser mode.  Don't type, you're typing too loud.  Don't paint faces with eyes, it's too creepy to have your paintings staring out off the canvas or paper.  Don't sing, don't dance, don't don't don't.  Do what you want but don't do that.  I know we all have to live in harmony and do things to make other people happy.  But why does everything come at the expense of our own joy?

                                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have really enjoyed posting every day, and on two blogs no less.  I don't know yet how I will continue in October and beyond.  The prompts from Effy end tomorrow.  I know there are other monthly prompts, themes out there. I don't know if there are any that make you go as deep as these. I guess we will find out in a couple of days, won't we.

No comments:

Post a Comment