Sunday, September 3, 2017

Day 3 - Belief Shifts

TODAY'S NUDGE
3) Write about something you used to believe that you no longer believe and how that shift in belief has changed things for you. 




Another hard question for today's prompt.

Okay so I thought I was going to write about spirituality and my shift in religious beliefs.  But I am really having a hard time forming thoughts and words that don't end up on some crazy tangent.

SO instead I will write a little about being an artist-writer.

I never thought I would even utter either of those words and connect them to who I might be.  The extent of my art skills were coloring books and learning some art skill in 6th grade.  But here I am, many moons later, with several partially filled art journals and a dozen or so poster board paintings.

I always fantasized about being a writer, at least I have since I was 11 or 12 years old.  I really started trying in 2005.  I haven't found success, and I have only won NaNoWriMo once.  But I still try.  

The shift was that I went from thinking it was impossible to trying and learning and doing.  I'm not consistent, but I do try.


No comments:

Post a Comment