Sunday, September 17, 2017

Day 17 - Showing Off!

Today’s Nudge: Show off without apologizing.
Optional nudge: Start a blog series that you can commit to updating regularly that will help you build your community.


Show off without apology? YIKES! 
Or start a blog series?  Double YIKES!

I was always told not to show off.  If I did, I was knocked down to size pretty quick.  Or told I was too big for my britches.  Who the hell did I think I was?  Etc and so on.  So to brag, or pat myself on the back for accomplishing something, making something wonderful...doesn't come easy. AT ALL!

If I make a really good meal, I can't take a compliment.  I have to point out all the things I think is wrong with the dish.  Saying thank you and feeling good about it, that is rare for me.  If I make a thing, it's the same.  I point out all the problems, that I should have done this or that.  Dress up?  Same thing.  I don't have much of a self esteem.  I am quite insecure about just about everything.  I don't think there is anything that I don't have some level of insecurity over.  It's annoying AF!

Maybe, when this blog along is over, I can do something like "Sunday Shinnies".  Where I post about the "Oh Shiny!" things that happened over the week or something I made.  I dunno.  We'll see.  

But the nudge to show off something.  Okay how about some of my favorite photos I took?

Fall is in the air

Flight

Flood Waters - Boise River

Let's Have A Kiss
Sally and MinniBell

No comments:

Post a Comment