Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Day 13 - Reminisce

Today’s Nudge: Reminisce.


I find, if I really think about it, that I reminisce. A LOT!  Sometimes it involves music, sometimes it involves food, sometimes photographs or my scrapbooks. 

Sometimes my reminiscing isn't what I want to do because it's those voices that tell you that you screwed up, fucked up, and what you do or don't deserve.  So I start walking down memory lane, rehashing things that sometimes should probably just stay laid to rest. But you know how it is, when those gremlins get their balls rolling, it can be pretty hard to stop.

I then end up going down go old "Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda Lane".  And end up at the intersection where it crosses with "If Only I Had" Road.  It sucks when I end up on these trips.  Sometimes, I force myself to pull over and say enough. Doesn't always work, but sometimes it does.

When it doesn't, that's when I usually turn to music.  I go to the 80's soundtrack that is my late childhood and teenage years.  There are so many feel good songs there, but also a lot of songs that can push me to tears that are a good release. Sometimes it leads me to listen to some good ole Metallica with my headset as loud as I can stand it.  

I'd much rather reminisce with food.  Make those comfort foods that I enjoy and are good for my soul. Like a big batch of stuffed cabbage or my cheeseburger casserole.  My new go to comfort meal is zucchini casserole or a stuffed pepper casserole.  The weather is finally, FINALLY started to cool down, which means I can start using the oven again.  Which means casserole season!  And I want to give some baking a go.  I can't suck too bad at it, my Great Grandfather was a baker.

While it's fine to reminisce from time to time, I really need to start living in the present more.  The past is done, and I cannot change things.  I need to live in the present and think of the future.  But I won't give up my 80's music!   LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment