Saturday, October 7, 2017

October 7 - "Catch" and Release

October 7 - What needs releasing? What needs hanging on to?


Releasing:

  • Old habits
  • Old hurts
  • Anger at certain things or people
  • Things that no longer serve me 
I try to let things do, I really do.  It's a work in progress.  There are times I think I've released something, then there's a trigger and the wounds are reopened.  The angers flare. 


Hold On To:

  • The ones that I love
  • My fondest memories of my Grandma, my children, my childhood
  • The big one..........My Dreams.


I've let go of far too many of my dreams for other people. I've let others dictate my story, my life for so long.  I am on the road to changing the narrative.  It's a long road that began a few years ago. I still have such a long way to go.  There are set backs, thanks to the triggers.  But progress is being made.

I feel like there is so much more I should be writing.  But I think I am overthinking the prompt. So I'll just quit while I am ahead and keep it simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment