Wednesday, October 4, 2017

October 4 - What Am I Proud Of?

October 4 - What am I super proud of?

I might have mentioned a few times I hate tooting my own horn and such.

But I am really proud of myself for finishing my very first canvas.  It was piece that
Whitney Freya taught in her free Rise Above class a few weeks ago.  She taught about painting with
intention and the image we created was that of a butterfly.

I kept thinking my piece was too dark, too childish, too coloring book like. To simplistic. But hey it's a butterfly.  And it's my first time painting like this.  I had fun. I really enjoyed painting on the canvas. More than I thought I would.  I can't wait to do my next canvas.

So that's my proud moment of the week.

(please forgive the briefness of the post.  I'm tired again today, the weather change is hitting me.  The chilly temps and the windy days are starting to wear a bit.  Even if I am totally enjoying sweat shirt weather.)

No comments:

Post a Comment