Sunday, October 1, 2017

Day 1 - Happy October!!

October 1 - What worked for me last month? What will I carry over into this month?

Can you believe it? We are officially in the last quarter of the year! Where did the time go? 
It's officially my birthday month!  The day I try to ignore and pretend it isn't on the calendar or it's just another day. But no one will play along!  They insist on making a big deal out of it.   *SIGH!*
My Babci used to say your birthday was the whole week.  I think she made that up! Mostly because I think I was an answer to her prayers and my birthday was a 4 days before hers.  So I was her gift. And of course celebrating my week meant it rolled right on into hers.  I want to change my thinking on this, after all I'm going to be the big 4-8. So why not celebrate the whole damn month! At the end we get candy, cuz Halloween yo!

Okay, enough of being cheesy.  On to the prompt from Effy Wild's PDF of October Prompts.

What worked?
Well........I end up spending most of my day in front of my computer for no good reason really. This last month of nudges and the challenge from Effy made me turn it into something productive. I committed to a challenge and I did it, twice over by posting on two blogs. It showed me that I can do it.  That I can complete a challenge.  That I can write (every day).  That I can focus and do a thing that I want to do.

What am I going to carry over?
Hopefully that same determination that I went into September with. I want to continue with blogging daily as much as I can.  Effy ever so kindly provided a list of prompts for this month to work with.  I hope to carry it further by doing a personal challenge I am calling "A Year With My Muse". And then on into November for NaNoWriMo.  Who knows where it could lead to so long as I maintain my determination and focus.


No comments:

Post a Comment