Saturday, October 2, 2010

October's Finally Here

It's finally starting to feel a bit like fall down here. The weather's been much cooler these last few days. Even though the Autumn equinox is in September, October always feels like when the season officially begins for me. I've always loved the fall, I don't know why. As a kid, maybe it was because my birthday and Halloween are both in October which meant presents and candy within 3 days of each other LOL. Now, I don't know what it is really. Sometimes it feels like I have a different sense of clarity in the fall. I don't think I can explain it.

Add to that the fact the registration for NaNoWriMo officially opened yesterday. Once again I will attempt to participate. I might actually use the month to jot down some ideas for something to actually write rather than try to fly by the seat of my pants again. I also signed up for a free workshop/class the F2K Creative Writing Course over at writersvillage.com. And before that, I signed up to do a free online Art Course called The Heart of Art by Willowing.org.

Seems like I'm putting a lot on my plate, 2 different classes, trying to set up an Etsy store and make more crafts not just the bags which I need to make some more of. But I feel like I've been in sort of downward spiral away from my creative side. I need to as Cher said in "Moonstruck"..."SNAP OUT OF IT!!!" I am tired of feeling like I'm not good enough or creative enough, that my ideas don't fit a certain person's ideals. Cuz ya know what....TOUGH SHIT ON HIM!

He won't even let me have the bigger of the 2 rooms down stairs (I have the small one right now.) I told him I need to be where I can have room to work and be and leave it all out because that's how I function. But he won't let me because he doesn't want to move his precious TV. I told him just swap rooms, let me have the bigger one. NO! He wants me to move my work area in there. I'm sorry I can't work, think, create when someone is blaring the TV and surround sound for the entire subdivision to hear. So I will have to find a way to make my little room work instead.

I'm sorry...this post isn't supposed to be a rant about dipshit...it's supposed to be about how I love October. I want to make this a month of new beginnings for me. And so, yes...I signed up for 2 free classes and signed up to do NaNo in November. I need something(s) to focus on other than my miserable home situation.

SO...Here's to October! Let's make it a great one!!!

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, there was a time when I had five or six courses going on at once. Sounds like you are looking to keep yourself busy. That's good.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete