Monday, September 27, 2010

Butterflies and Rainbows

Caught these 2 butterflies hanging out on the Butterfly Bush in the back yard a few days ago. Then they started to fly around and 'dance' around me. I could hear the flutter of their wings I believe as they did.




And the double rainbow (actually there's a reverse rainbow just under the main one that you can't see but we did) that appeared over the house after the storm that came through a bit ago.

Trying to find the meaning of rainbows outside of the cookie-cutter christian one is like looking for a needle in a haystack. Would love to find some Pagan meanings but it's like impossible. But that's what makes seeking so much more fun.

2 comments:

  1. Look up the Rainbow Bridge and check out the Greek Goddess Eris (I think Her name is?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a butterfly bush too and love watching the winged fae creatures flit about...I know of one goddess named, "Iris", I think it's the same goddess that Debra mentioned, with a different spelling. But, more important, what do rainbows mean to YOU? :)

    ReplyDelete