Friday, July 6, 2018

Today Was Better

It was a bit more tolerable today.  Not as hot, but still hot. We had some cloud cover come in that was left over from Fabio. But looking at next week....HO BOY!  Five days of  triple digits.  Not looking forward to that at all.

My sensitivity to yesterday's excessive heat did not go unnoticed.  I really need to figure out how to deal with next week's weather.  It might just be a week of bed days for all I know or Momma T and I will be spending the days in the fifth wheel that has A/C and nights in the house when it's cooler.  Unless stuff changes and it ends up not being bad at all.



Slowly, slowly the house is coming back together.  With Momma T hurting her back and me with all my pains, we can only do bits at a time.  One room took all day.  The kitchen counters are still acting as the catch all for stuff to be moved or put away.  Tomorrow is probably going to be  get the living room back to some sense of normal.

We also have to repaint at least half the room because of some issues with the paint and the color. But we can't do that in this weather.  There's another wall we've been wanting to redo since we painted two years ago.  Now, we'll have the opportunity to do that too. BUT...only when the weather/season changes. 

Most of the things that are needing done are just little things, just tedious really.  And the dust!  Dry wall dust is everywhere and on every thing.  It's so gross!  There is so much on the screen door that if you tap the screen, a cloud of dust comes off it and your hand is just covered in it. 

I'm sure when we are all done, my body is going to flare and give out on me.  I'm hoping it won't or at least not be bad.  But only time will tell.

Hoping we can sneak off to the Lavender Festival for a bit this weekend.  I've always wanted to go to one since I discovered that was a thing.  Missed the one last weekend.  So fingers crossed.

2 comments:

  1. We're having a short break before the heat arrives again. I want to go to the park, but this morning my back is aching and those benches kill me. We'll see how it goes. Just rest up in this heat. I know it's hard to slow down when you want to be busy. I go through that myself, but we have to take care of ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to take it easy if I can. But his Mom is another story. She tries to push through the pain. Even when we all tell her to rest. Now she was told by they doctor to chill for a bit because she has irritated something in her lumbar region. She's not a happy camper about that LOL

      Delete