Monday, July 16, 2018

Practice, Practice, Practice

So I was lucky enough to finish up watching the Woman Unleashed video sessions that I was drawn to or interested in. 

As I mentioned yesterday, I came away with quite a few nuggets of wisdom. One of the last ones I watched today was the one with Dr. Kellee. It was another one of those that the topic got changed at the last moment so it didn't match the title. I almost didn't watch it because I thought it was going to be on weight loss and such. But then I saw some ladies posting about it, so I watched it and I'm glad I did. While it did touch on weight loss, the principles she talked about can (I think) be applied in many areas of life.

One of the things I came away with from that one was committing to 3 doable daily steps.  I have to figure out what those might be and then start to practice them.

And there is the magic word.  PRACTICE!

I do some of these sessions, whether is the ones from Woman Unleashed or some other online retreat/seminar/class/etc.  I get fired up about this or that.  I'm super excited in the moment.  I might even do it for a day or two, a week maybe. And then...............nothing. It's not that the message or practice doesn't resonate with me still, because most often it does. It's just I seem to let every thing and every one stop me from doing it. 

Whether it's that I just procrastinate until the day is done and over, or I let little comments get in my head and discourage me.  Or, it's myself and the gremlins of fear and doubt that creep in and stop me.

I'm so tired of that merry go round.  Ya know.  It's like a broken record as my mother used to say.  I want to get off that ride.  I want to live to the beat of a different drum, song. 

I want to live a creative life, an intentional life.  I just don't know how to get from the wanting to the doing, daily.  I don't want the Winter Solstice to come around and the next Woman Unleashed retreat is starting and I'm right back to where I am now.

2 comments:

  1. I'm afraid I haven't gotten to them. Hopefully the reruns are still up and I can check them out today. The one you described in this post sounds interesting. Please remind me when the next one begins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will Mary. There might be a few left up today. I know several actually closed and were taken down yesterday. I think the one I mentioned is/was still up as of last night. but it will probably only be for a short time long.

    ReplyDelete