Sunday, July 1, 2018

Close To Done! And Camp NaNo.

The roof is done!
The ceiling is hung!
The wiring is done!
The mudding is done!

Next up: Texturing. Painting. Treating the mold that started as a result of the tarps and inside plastic.
The contractor said we should have the house back by Wednesday. Only I don't think he realizes that that's the 4th and I don't think they'll be working that day.  I'm going to say we'll be complete by Friday and call it good. Almost three months to the day since the whole fiasco began. 

I can't believe it is already the first day of July! Half the year gone already!!!  How did that happen?!

I totally failed JuNoWriMo.  I don't even think I got any words written unless you count the blog(s).
Today is the first day of Camp NaNoWriMo, Round 2.  I like camp because you can set your own goal.
Whether it is words, hours, pages, etc.  I set mine on the low end to only 15,000.  Which is 484 words a day. Not knowing how the house repairs were going to play out, I opted to go on the safe side.


I want to try and write some stuff about the past, what I've survived. But in a more fiction setting so that I can protect names of people and give myself some leeway on things I don't have a clear memory of.  Sounds good in theory any way.

I'll be glad to have my actual computer back so I can share some photos that I have taken recently.  My trusty old Win98 laptop won't be able to handle all that. 
I've been a little excited to have it up, updated Firefox so that I can actually access the blog and my email. Now I find out that the update I did the other day, was the last for Win98.  I don't have the means to upgrade to 7 and I don't think this old thing could handle it anyway.  Makes me a little sad.  But I can still use it for my word processing software to write on at least.  I hope!

Well, that's where we are at.  Have a great Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe it's July either. My goodness, half the year is gone already. I have 7 on this computer and my laptop came with 10. I only used it for my classes because it had Word and I couldn't afford to add to this computer. I have a hard time with laptops. My fingers just don't work so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got mine in 2005 as a Christmas present. Compared to the ones now, it's quite heavy. I'm not used to this keyboard any more either, it feels cramped almost.

    ReplyDelete