Tuesday, July 3, 2018

ALL DONE!

Today the last of the work was finished.  There was a mix up with paint. Either we gave him the wrong can, or the color match at Home Depot on a two year old can of paint was just off.  So we get to repaint half of a room.  He would have done it if he had enough. But since he really wasn't getting paid to paint, he did what he could with what he had.  Plus he isn't a professional painter, so his job of painting didn't look any worse than ours LOL! 

Now we get to move stuff back. Which was supposed to be covered under the breakdown of things to be done. But nothing got put back except the ceiling fixtures. The company we hired to do the work, that doesn't actually do shit also has it down that we are supposed to have someone clean up and clean the carpets. BUT.............we doubt that's going to happen either.  We were only told today that the contractor that was actually doing the work would be by to pick up the 6 trusses sitting in the driveway sometime next week.  We had no clue what was being done with them until now.  We just figured we were stuck with them and would make use of the wood.  Supposedly the project manager says he is fighting with the truss company to get refunded on the unneeded ones.  I think he's full of shit there too but who knows.  All we do know is that they have charged for a bunch of stuff that didn't get done or used.  Don't know how that's going to work out either.

BUT HEY!  We have a roof and ceiling!  And about a foot of dust everywhere.  Okay maybe not a foot, but it sure seems like it.  Now we get to spend the day cleaning and moving back in so to speak.

Today is Cerridwen's Feast Day.  I've been so involved in other things to day, that I really didn't do any offering or what have you.  But at least I'm consistent in what I don't do.  I didn't know what to offer, and I don't really have any grain which is what my brief Google session told me.  One of these days I'll get my shit together.

Tomorrow is the 4th.  Not my favorite of days.  I hate fireworks.  Unless they are at a great distance away. None of the dogs are fond of them either. Fred the Bassett Hound is down right terrified!  We have meds on hand if it gets too bad for him.  I think the plan is to stay home and that's fine with me.  We have more than enough to do here.  If you have plans, please stay safe out there and enjoy your day.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you finally have a roof and a ceiling. I know how stressful it must have been for you. The 4th isn't my favorite day either. I love peace and quiet. Won't be getting that today.

    ReplyDelete