Monday, May 2, 2011

Another Step

Trying to reach Miss Helpful can be frustrating since it's so hit and miss. I've yet to touch bases with her again. But it's just the nature of how things work with that. I'll get to talk to her eventually, and hopefully before I leave.

Which brings me to...I have my plane ticket. And I have a place to go to when I get there. So the count down to leaving officially begins today. I have about 36 days to figure out what I want to take with me, what can fit into 2 check in bags and a carry on. I can pack a 3rd bag if needed and if I want to spend $50 to do that.

I don't remember there being so many restrictions to traveling! I don't remember everything being a-la-cart either. I mean like I know they haven't served a meal on a flight in forever...the last meal I remember getting was probably in 94? When I flew back with my daughter after a visit to NY...I had so many bags and one was VERY LARGE and HEAVY!! I didn't have to pay extra. But it seems that is the norm now. Even when I flew to NY in 06 I didn't have to pay for checking in any bags.

So here I am, mental list ticking away...sifting through what is important, what I need, etc. Clothes of course top the list. My irreplaceable photo albums have to be with me too. Yes I could leave it with my girls but I dunno. I want to take some of my yarns and my paints too. My paints alone weigh 5 lbs!!! Sadly I can't take my large paper I don't think :( I've got the paintings I've done rolled up into 2 mailer tubes. I was thinking I might somehow send them ahead. Or I can leave them with my daughters.

How do I consolidate my life into 3 bags and a laptop case and one shipped computer? I don't even know if I would ever be able to even come get anything I do leave in the future. He may just end up tossing my things on spite for all I know.

Now I have to figure out when and how to tell the Ogre. I think this is the part that scares me most of all. I am not sure what I'll do if he tells me to get out right then and there. I hope to have most of my stuff packed and concealed before then. I suppose if I had to, I could go to the shelter (shutters) and have them pay for the ticket change if I had to leave sooner. But there I go over thinking again.

No comments:

Post a Comment