Monday, November 25, 2019

I Might Not Win This One

I have not even broken 40,000 yet.
I am getting a little bummed that I might not make it, I might not win this NaNo.
It will be close if I miss the mark I think.

These last few days of writing, even though going well are not making the numbers I need.
I need about 2500 words a day for the rest of the month to win. Not an impossibility by any means.
I did write almost 3400 the other day.  It is just timing.  During the day, it is not always easy to get my writing done.  Most times it is the couple of hours before I go to bed where I do best. Unless I
am tired or hurting, then it cuts into my word count.

Either way, it is better than no words at all.
So how ever it ends, I am okay with it.

In other news...
I got new glasses.
My first pair in ten years.
And my eyes have changed.
A LOT!

How did they eye doctor put it?   Mother Nature caught up with me and beat me with her stick.  LOL.
This eye doctor is great.  He has such a sense of humor.
The up side, he said my eyes and all the vessels and such were very healthy.
I passed the new test that they offer that checks peripheral vision. Not an easy test I can tell ya.
But my vision is bad enough that he recommended progressive lenses.
They are interesting to wear. That is for sure!

I picked them up today, but I need to take them back to have the frames tweaked a hair.
Otherwise they are good so far.  I was worried I would not get used to them.
But I think I will be okay with them.


Oh, did I mention that I will be getting to check another thing off my bucket list?
So um...in April.
I will be going to see CHER in concert!
Oh.......My........Gosh!!!!!!!!!!


We are expecting snow for Thanksgiving.
We are actually in a Winter Weather Watch and a High Wind Watch.
I am not too thrilled about the wind one at all!
And to the fact that the high winds are supposed to hit over night tomorrow.
UGH!!!
Hopefully the wind will not be awful.


2 comments:

  1. Awwww, your first progressive lenses! An important day in any girl's life! I got mine around 15-20 years ago, if I remember correctly.

    And wow, Cher! Is she doing another "farewell" tour? I bet the concert will be a blast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, yep my first pair. I was pretty certain he was going to say at least bifocals, so progressives was a bit of a surprise.

      I "think" it is another farewell one. This is her first time back this way in about 17 years they say. I can't wait to see her. This is going to be amazing!

      Delete