Thursday, November 28, 2019

Happy Thanksgiving And Other Stuffs

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Hope your day is going well and that tummies are full.

Our celebratory dinner will be on Saturday.  That is when everyone is
off of work collectively.  Today and tomorrow we will be prepping pies and a few
side dishes. Someone else cooks the turkey and brings it, so that frees up a lot of
room in our oven. Though I do miss making a turkey.....Sometimes lol


Still plugging away at the writing.  As of this moment, I need about 8500 words to win.
To make it easier for my math skills, I will round it to say 9000, which means 3000 words
a day for the next three days.  I can do it, if I really push myself and use a lot of run on sentences lol.


I made my first chicken soup of the season and boy was it good!
I am usually pretty picky about how I make it and how it tastes.
I have been trying to make Polish chicken soup for a long time now and
I fail every time at it.  My broth, even though it might taste really good, turns out not as
clear as it should for that type.  Yesterday was the closest I ever came to a clear broth.
Then I shredded the chicken and suddenly there was not enough broth.  Damn it! 
That is almost always my other problem. Never enough broth.  Oh well it was tasty and that is
what was most important.


We are currently awaiting the third of the snow storms they have predicted.
So far for us here, the storms have fizzled out and were duds. 
We barely got a dusting that was gone by about ten o'clock.
We heard for the first time the other day that it is the Owyhee Mountains that
is actually keeping us from getting the two or more inches we were said to get.
They act like a barrier and so when the storm hits them, it slows it way down or it
fizzles out.
I am disappointed because I was actually looking forward to some snow.


It is getting really hard to sit by and say nothing about that situation I wrote about the other day.
Every day is something new.  For example, the person I care about came down with a terrible
migraine and what was a possible sinus infection. So they went to the doctor to make sure and thankfully there is no infection. Just a combination sinus pressure headache and migraine.  They were made to feel guilty for not picking up baby afterwards to take care of her.
Baby's daddy had minor surgery last week, but he said he and baby were doing fine.
He understood about the migraine and was not about to impose.  Baby's momma was not
so understanding.  Then there was some shit she bitched about yesterday that was
unnecessary as well.  Again making this person feel like crap. 
I swear, I do not know how much longer I can hold my tongue here.
If she says shit on Saturday, I just might go off.
I might burn some bridges in the process, but something needs to be said.

It is like she is the only one with problems, No one else can have anything going
on in their life.  No one can get sick or feel under the weather but her.
Her life is perfection and every one else's life is shit and boring, in her opinion.
She finds fault with everything and everyone.  It is exhausting and frustrating.

I have lived this before.  I have been on the receiving end. It sucks.
I also have taken it laying  down because I did not feel like I could
stand up for myself or fight back.  I know how this feels. 
I want so badly to fix it.  The Scorpio in me wants so badly to call
them out on their bullshit.  But I have to repeat over and over,
"Not my circus, not my monkeys."   So I will stay quiet for as long as I can.
Maybe it will just blow over, but I doubt it.

Well, I guess I should see what is next on the prepping list to do.
If it is something that can wait a few, I should get to some writing.

Have safe holiday, and be careful tomorrow if you go brave the stores.

2 comments:

  1. Your chicken soup sounds so good! That's a real treat.

    Would it help to have a discussion with the put-upon person about how she's being taken advantage of and should set some boundaries? She's the only one who can say "no" to the selfish taker.

    You're so close! Keep on writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have discussed it at length several times. She knows she needs to, but can't bring herself to do it. She is afraid of what will happen if she does.

      I understand that completely, I do. I know exactly what she means about being afraid of the aftermath. All I can do is be the support for her and ear to listen.

      I am close! So so close!! Under 5k as of last night.

      Delete