Monday, July 29, 2019

Trying To Find A Happy Medium

I'm still trying to find that happy place with my bedroom.
UGH! What a pain in the ass that is.

I want my creative space by the window, but the cats won't
allow for that.  So it's still in the corner by the window.

Even if I switch it all around, there's no guarantee I'll be
satisfied lol.
My two short walls are a closet on one and the window in
the middle of the other.  Then I have two long walls, one shorter
because of the doorway to the hall and it has the heating vent.

Even if I just flip the bed and dresser, I'm sort of in the same
pickle, just a mirror image. If I put the bed by the window then
the room becomes super narrow with the dresser and I'll
more than likely have no room for my art corner.

I think ideally I need a new dresser or two.  Instead of one long one
I should have two tall ones.  I think my art corner should probably
be more of a corner type desk, instead of the drop leaf table that it is.
I can drop the sides but then I have almost no work space.

I just moved out a smaller three drawer piece I was using for art
supplies. But the poor thing was so warped and swelled from
having been outside, it was getting unusable.  I thought that
when I painted it, it would help the wood but that
didn't happen.  And so, as much as I love how it turned out...
it just isn't practical.

I know things would be easier to figure out if I had my
art shed. But that is still just in the planning phase. Trying to
figure out what supplies I would need and how much of it.
Trying to determine the best size and location on the property for
it.  Is it better to buy a premade or kit or is it better to just
build it ourselves?  Then I thought maybe it would be better
and cheaper to just get an old camper trailer. Could remodel
the inside some or just change up the coloring, new carpeting,
new  curtains and seat covers.  That is an option. But there's the
trick of getting it here and it not costing a fortune.

If/when I have that, then I'd have some more space to play with
in my bedroom and maybe then I could find some happy medium
with it.

Or maybe I'm just using this all as excuse to distract my mind
from things I should be doing. By dwelling on this, I'm not
doing or making anything. Then again, it's been too damn hot
to even breathe.

Ah well, I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually.


2 comments:

  1. I totally understand what you are saying. It's so hard trying to find space for our activities when space is limited. I gave up painting when I got tired of having to pack all my paints and stuff away at night (was using my d.r. table and we needed it). So recently I just took it all to the center and donated it. At least that way I can still use it and they can always use the help. Now, I will NOT be donating my beads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An art shed or camper trailer sounds like a great idea.

    ReplyDelete