Saturday, July 13, 2019

Busy Busy Busy

It's a hot one today. But at least it isn't as hot as it was originally forecasted a few days ago.

On Facebook, I saw that today is 42 years ago that the Blackout of '77 happened.
I remember that night.  I was 7? 8? Maybe 7 going on 8.  Eh...anyway...lol
We were on our way home from the Mt. Carmel Feast in Williamsburg.  We had just
crossed the street.  Mom and aunt were talking, my aunt was pushing my one cousin
in his stroller. While me and my other cousin were walking slightly ahead of them when
the street light went out.  And then all the lights went out!  We got to the building my aunt
lived in. At first everyone thought it was temporary and that it would come back on soon.
Then her landlady started dishing up her ice cream to us kids because it was melting.
My dad and my uncle were off crabbing and fishing in Rockaway and we had no way to
reach them.  I don't remember us going home, but I know we did and it was hot.
Now, I see that NYC is experiencing a blackout!!!  How crazy!  Hopefully it won't last as
long as the one in '77.

I finally made it over to the court house to make some inquiries.  I came home with my
blank petitions for name change and request for a waiver of the fees.  The waiver has to be
approved by a judge.  It has as many questions on it as if you were applying for a loan or credit.
I have to fill all the stuff out and make umpteen copies of them.  I don't know how to handle it though.  I'd like to be sure I have enough in case I don't get approved for the waiver. I don't want to
get the ball rolling only to have that denied.  So I don't know how that would work.  But at least I have all the stuff!!!

Also picked up my passport card renewal form and got all those questions answered too.
So, I checked some things off the To Do List!!

No matter what I do, I will probably wait until Mercury goes direct.
That is what one does when court stuff is involved, right?
Don't do anything requiring signing legal documents or what have you?
I think I read that somewhere but I haven't heard anything about it this retrograde.
Either way, it'll probably take me that long to get stuff filled out and copied.

It was a busy week for us.
One of the puppers had to have more or less emergency dental stuff done and
ended up with 15 teeth pulled.  But my goodness...what a trooper he is.  He's done so
well and we're so proud of him.
Mom's had PT and dr's appointments this week.
There was some shopping to be done.
Another PT appointment.
Now one of the cats appears to have worms but we don't know which one.
Only one possibility really, but we got stuff for ALL the cats.
Seven!
The liquid stuff was pretty easy.
But pilling these guys was no picnic.  And we still have 2 to pill yet.
The stuff they gave us works pretty good and fast so, I think we'll be fine.

Next week is about as busy.
More PT for her knee.
Stickers goes back for a recheck on that eye of his.
It's better but not.  We'll find out were that stands on Wednesday.
Then Saturday is Garth Brooks!!  WOOT WOOT!!!

We'll get a breather in there somewhere lol

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure once the court has all the umpteen copies of your paperwork, the rest is probably just a rubber stamp process. Enjoy Garth Brooks -- should be a great concert. Have you seen him in concert before?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This will be my first time seeing him. I won't count the cable special he did years ago lol because I wasn't there.
      😁
      I'm sure you are right about the court process. It just makes me nervous.

      Delete