Sunday, July 7, 2019

Oh Hey, It's Only Been A Month

To the day even.
Wow! 
I didn't intend to not post for this long.
Life just got crazy.
Surprise, surprise.

June seemed a crazy month.
It was hot then cool then hot then cool.
At one point, we even had to turn the heaters back on!!
It got that cool.
One day, you're in shorts and a t-shirt, the next day you're
breaking out the sweatshirt and jeans again.

We lost our oldest cat.  She just turned 16 a few months ago.
She was a diabetic cat.
We think she went into renal failure and quite suddenly. 
She was fine one day and declined fast the next.
She made it through the night, and we thought she was improving
and maybe it wasn't renal failure after all. But the next morning
she started having seizures and we were able to rush her in. The only
thing the vet could do was help her cross the rainbow bridge.

Then our stray came back around and his eye was a mess.  We put
some salve in it but he didn't like that so he disappeared again for a couple
day.  When he came back around the eye was worse.  So, after two days
of trying for an appointment, finally got him seen.  The boy certainly
likes to live up to his name....Stickers.  He had a giant fox tail in his eye.
So we've had to keep him in a room in the house and give him
antibiotics.  He's on his second bottle. And goes back again in ten days
to see if he can keep the eye.  He's the sweetest thing.  No way he's feral
as we first thought when he showed up the first time over 3 years ago.
I wish we could keep him in, but our boy is an ass about stuff like that
so it might not go well. Can't say how the girls would be.  Let's hope he
can keep the eye.  Just to have him seen, the fox tail removed,
vaccinations, and 2 weeks of meds, oh and a dewormer pill...$125!!
The most expensive thing after the visit is the meds. 

I made some art for the first time in a good couple of months.
I made a piece from a class by Denise Daffara.
It was really fun to do. I thought I messed it up a few times in the face.
But it turned out okay.  Except I think I made the cheeks too dark, but I
can't fix that or I'll put a hole in the paper.
Unbeknownst to me at the time, I ended up painting in a rune symbol on her
face.  That turned out to resemble Algiz.

I'm still dwelling a lot on what is sacred to me.  Where my path lies and all
that stuff.  Of course, Mary and the Magdalene, Brigid and Cerridwen,
Rhiannon, they all call to me in different ways.  The class was called
"Priestess on My Page".  And while I don't know who if any my painting
represents.  The rune seems fitting. 

It is a symbol of the Valkyrie.  Something that fascinates me.
It is a symbol of protection, blending self with nature, divine guidance.
Also symbolizes a connections with the gods, shield, awakening.
In another reference, it symbolizes the Elk and also the  Reed.
The Reed, also happens to be my Celtic Tree astrology symbol!!
I feel like there might some messages coming through here. 
Must.Pay.Attention.

100 Days Project is almost at an end.  I only missed one day.
I'm not happy that I missed one, but shit happens. I'll be making it up and
therefore will finish a day late.
I'm just proud of myself for sticking with something for 100 days!

It's another round of Camp NaNoWriMo.  I've committed to 15,500
words this month. I've actually got a story idea that I might be able
to work through and it might even be able to connect with my original
idea from oh so long ago.  There's definitely possibilities at least.

Hope all is well with everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've been having a busy time -- "Priestess on my Page" sounds like it was awesome too! Sorry to hear about your poor old kitty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debra.
      The session was awesome. I just wish that I had more time to do all the sessions I wanted to, but it was a free limited time event this weekend.

      Delete