Tuesday, October 25, 2011

NaBloWriMo-Day 25 On Authors and Books

Authors, books, writing and such... Today's prompt is: Who is your favorite author? Or What is your favorite book? Or possibly: Do you find yourself thinking like the characters in the last book you read talk? Is that just me? It's totally just me, isn't it?

Well I have more than one favorite author. When I was in the 6th, 7th, 8th grades it was Laura Ingalls Wilder. I was already hooked on the Little House TV series already and I wanted to read all about Laura and her adventures during the pioneer days.

When I hit high school, a friend introduced me to V. C. Andrews. And man, was I HOOKED! I read everything she had out at the time and reread a few because they quickly became favorites and well just waiting for the next series to be published. I think the "Flowers in the Attic" series and the "Heaven" series are still my favorites. I was sad when I heard she passed away. The person penning the manuscript ideas and stories she left behind is good but just not as good as V.C. was. And you can tell the difference.

Then I got way older and found Tolkien and J.K. Rowling. They have been an inspiration to my imagination. Jo inspired me to put the pen to paper. If she could do it, then maybe someday I could to. I truly hope she will write more books.

My latest new favorite is Kit Berry. Author of the Stonewylde series. They are really good books. The forth in the series I believe just came out and I REALLY need to get my hands on it to read it while I (im)patiently wait for the 4th book in the Eragon series.

Favorite books (in particular order):
Flowers in the Attic
Heaven
My Sweet Audrina
Lord of the Rings
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
The Stonewylde Series

I don't know that find myself thinking like the characters in a book, but I have had the occasional I wonder what Molly Weasley would do. Or I wonder how Hermione would handle this. Or damn I wish I was Hermione and knew that spell LOL. But I do find myself quoting them at times...Does that count?

No comments:

Post a Comment