Monday, October 17, 2011

NaBloWriMo-Day 17

I'm really failing at this aren't I? It was a busy week, lots was going on. Kept thinking to myself, "HEY! Don't forget to post something!" I kept checking for prompts...but there weren't any. Not an excuse for not posting I know. But they do help with a project/challenge like this. Oh well, can't dwell on what I didn't do.

Then by the end of the week, I was pretty pissed. It was over something someone said. Defending someone that habitually is the cause of a problem 99% of the time? Really?...Could be the PMS, but the comment made to me just rubbed me wrong and I was pissed most of the day. (I hid it fairly well, I think). But when somebody says they're are mad, and you know they are around the person that 99% of the time is the cause of them being mad....Wouldn't you automatically assume that THAT PERSON made them mad yet again? Well whatever...I'm over it. Excuse me for give a shit and asking what was the matter. Maybe I was wrong to assume, but vague comments cause things like that...Ya know?

Well today's prompt is What's your favorite Fall recipe? ( I know none of what I just wrote above has anything to do with cooking LOL but I had to vent a little.)

I don't have a favorite recipe really. I do like to cook some of the more in season foods like Butternut Squash or Sweet Potatoes or Rutabaga (which we always called turnip but anywho).
With the squash, I keep it simple...peel and seed it, cube and boil it till tender. Drain then mash with butter LOTS of butter, a splash of milk, and sometimes I'll add a dash of nutmeg and/or coriander. Sweet Potato...baked to perfection then top with LOTS of butter and cinnamon sugar. Rutabaga we always made it just like a mashed potato. Peeled, cubed, boiled till tender, drain and mash with milk and yes again...LOTS of butter. (Paula Deen is my hero :D)

No comments:

Post a Comment