Saturday, June 11, 2011

Who Knew?

That jet lag and time zone adjusting would take so long? I had no idea especially since, I had never been past the East Coast!! But I think my body is just about adjusted to the change in time and stuff. Finally got around to unpacking. Oddly I was a bit apprehensive about it. I don't know why.
In someways it still feels a bit like a dream, or like I'm watching it all unfold for someone else.

I guess that part will still take some getting used too. That I am actually here. That I did do it. I made it. I don't know what's next. I'm just taking it one day at a time for the moment. Adjusting to the new surroundings. Adjusting to the fact that I am wanted and a part of something, that I am NOT invisible. Oddly I'm finding it hard to speak or at least speak up and be heard. For so long, I was told I was "too loud" that I needed to tone it down some, that the neighbors didn't need to hear what I had to say. But I did that because I was never listened too, so I always found myself talking louder than necessary. Now I don't need to shout to be heard but I am allowed to speak louder than a church mouse. It's just a bit to get used to.

Spending time with my Beloved has been the absolute best part of all. Just being able to talk to him and get a hug...is really nice. Well it's better than nice to be able to get those hugs that I've missed so much. I've missed him so much. It's still hard not to cry even though I'm actually here. But, they are happy tears this time, most of the time. Happy tears that I am here, and I can see him, hug him, talk to him. I'm just taking it all in and taking it one day at a time.

1 comment:

  1. :) bless you its so wonderful your where you wanted to be x x x

    ReplyDelete