Monday, June 7, 2010

Book Review-Stonewylde Series


About 2 weeks ago now, I was pleasantly (ecstatically) surprised with the gift of receiving the Stonewylde series by Kit Berry. I'd heard about this series a few months ago over at Mrs. B's site.

I've been searching high and low for them but neither the bookstore nor the library was carrying them. And then I got them in the mail as a gift. (thanks to my beloved spoiling me with them.)

I read all 3 in a week's time! Yes folks they are that good. I couldn't put them down. Kit is a marvelous storyteller. She has a knack for weaving her words so that you can see the story unfolding in your mind. Only two other books in recent years have done that for me and that is the "Harry Potter" series and "Lord of the Rings". Prior to that, I think only V.C. Andrews came close.

Her tale of love and hope, lies and betrayal, and her description of the Pagan celebrations are wonderful. You can't help but fall in love with Sylvie and Yul and Mother Heggy. I don't want to go into details but I highly recommend reading them. I can't wait until the fourth book is written and released.

No comments:

Post a Comment