Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day

No, I don't celebrate the day. But I do use it as an excuse to make corned beef and cabbage and Irish Soda Bread. I might not be able to make the bread, not sure if I have all the ingredients.

Today has given me a new perspective on what the Celts and Druids endured during that time. Reading some of the posts by fellow bloggers on the historical stuff just makes me sad. What mainstream religion would do in the name of 'god' is appalling. Yet really somethings haven't changed. People are still ridiculed or persecuted for their religious beliefs or lack there of.

I won't get on my soapbox right now about my experience with Christians in "HIS" family as well as the church(es) we used to attend. But suffice it to say the common theme was 'believe what I say, do as I say, and don't question it.'

But anyway enjoy your day!


Graphics
New MySpace Layouts


No comments:

Post a Comment