Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Tuesday Thoughts

Grasshopper seems to be doing well. At her last doctor's appointment, she had gained weight and was a pound over what she was at birth. I will probably get to see her Friday if not then Sunday.

Had a rough couple of days because of something that was said.
The what and the who don't matter. But they were triggering.

The 100 days thing isn't going so well.  I'm doing it as the moment strikes. Or if I come across
a particularly inspiring quote. Instead I've decided to just focus on blogging for the camp nano. So far I have managed to stay on track or slightly ahead.  Some days are a struggle to come up with words. But that isn't unusual for me.

Earlier I was cleaning up my FB friends list.  Someone friended me that was mutual friends with my cousin. But then this person posted things that go against where I stand and a lot of posts supporting 45 and his cronies.   I don't got time for that.  The others were friends that deactivated accounts or were secondary secret accounts for them that were deactivated.

In the process of cleaning it up, I discovered that a guy I went to school with died almost five maybe six years ago.  None of our mutual friends/classmates ever said a word.  Makes we wonder if they even know/knew.  On the post that told of his passing, a couple of the comments almost make it sound like he may have taken his own life.  It's hard to tell for sure and there isn't an obituary that says anything about him.

He always was a strange sort of kid.  I wouldn't say we were even friends.  Just classmates really.  One time on FB messenger, he sent me a note asking if I would like to come spend the weekend with him for his birthday.  It made me uncomfortable because it was worded like a proposition.  I politely declined and moved him to a restricted list.

I suppose we're having a gathering on Sunday for Easter. Mr. T. will be home and it's his first Easter at home in a few years (he drives truck, so he misses holidays and birthdays and such).  So the sisters and their significant others and their kids will be coming over.  We'll either being having ham or a pork loin, not sure which yet.

We have had rain of some amount every day so far in April.  I saw something a few days ago that said we have already reached and exceeded the total rain predicted for April.  Today started out with some sunshine and blue skies, but here come the clouds.....again.  By Friday we could see high 70s. And then it will  drop again back to the 50s. There's mud slides going on up in the mountains that have caused road closures here and there.

The bees are humming, the robins are worming, the dandelions are popping. Spring is definitely here.

4 comments:

  1. We're having our Easter dinner on Good Friday. Friends invited us for dinner at their place, yay! I heard rumours of lemon meringue pie for dessert . . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOOOOOOOOOH! Lemon meringue???? Sounds delish!!
      Enjoy your dinner and the pie :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So poignant to see about your classmate's passing on FB! Even when you weren't close, there's still a sense of loss, from shared times.
    We had our 50th HS reunion last year, and a memorial board for the 25+ (of 160) who have passed - a nice way to include them.
    Thanks for your kind comment on my creation station blog!

    ReplyDelete