Friday, April 12, 2019

Friday Roundup

I couldn't think of anything clever for a post title.

Let's see:

I got to hold grasshopper this week for the first time.  Scary shit right there.
I think of her as this super fragile little thing.  Watching her breathe still makes
me all sorts of nervous.  Yesterday I got to see her again while Grandma got to help
give her her first bath.

Took my fur babe to the cat clinic to get fixed. I'm all kinds of helicoptering her.
This isn't our regular vet. It's a cat rescue that does low cost spay and neuter once a week.
They do 20 male and 20 females every Thursday.  She seems to be doing okay.
A little slow still and sleeping a lot.  But she's eating, drinking, and using the box.

Scored some cargo style capris at the thrift store yesterday. Two of the pairs being
half price.  YAY for orange tickets.  And scored a set of Faber Castell brush markers
for 2.99!!

Made Mediterranean Chicken in the crock pot the other night. Had it with left over rice.
Was very tasty and will definitely do it again with a few tweaks.

I gained back the weight I lost just by quitting soda.  I think I messed up when I started drinking Ginger Ale on more than a rare occasion.  So I've decided to give myself until the 28th
of this month to do whatever, especially with Easter coming and plans for it unknown.  The 28th will mark that it is six months to my birthday. From then I will refrain from soda more diligently. Striving for none at all and having a ginger ale only when I have an upset stomach.  I will cut way back
on the sugary sweets. I've been too indulgent on the cookies, candy, and ice cream.  Need to make better choices, like more fruits and veggies.

So I was reading a post today by  Effy that included some of her poetry.  And I've been dwelling
on living a creative life and seeking the sacred and how if you swap the a and the c you get scared.
How I am super scared at this whole seeking that I am feeling unworthy to even try and that it is
pretty much paralyzing me in both art and seeking.  Then Renee posted a thing and talked about rosaries. Which led me to thinking about my collections, that I want to add to by the way. I have a thing for them, always have I think.  Any way, poems and rosaries and talk of booze in a sense gave me an idea.

I used to write some poetry when I was in an especially dark mood while living with friends of my mother's after we were evicted.  At some point, for unknown reasons I stopped. I have no idea what ever happened to my notebook, but that's besides the point.  I stopped, as Effy puts it, poeming.  (Using Poem as a verb here). Until the last few years that is. And when my mind goes to the dark place or down that dark road, I find myself writing poems.  The seem dark, twisty in a way. Just how I feel in the moment.

And that got me thinking.  The scarier part is threw this idea out there publicly.  I thought of possibly doing a some poems and calling the series "Vodka and Rosaries".  I already added a page to my Word Press blog as well as created a separate blog on Word Press in case the later doesn't work.  I also thought of maybe a small photo series to go with it. 

I must be nuts.  I mean I actually put this out there.  WTF am I thinking??  But there it is. And now you know too. 

I think that's all I have today.  I need to catch up on some shows.  Have a fabulous  weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, DEFINITELY do a poetry-and-photography blog or series of posts! That's the nice thing about the internet -- you can post and put yourself out there without people knowing your identity, if you don't want to do it under your real name. It's very freeing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still having that "oh crap" moment. But, I've got ideas for photos running through my head. And I haven't had that in a LOOOOOOOOONG time. It feels good. Now if I can just get it all out of my head lol

      Delete