Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Hello August!

Hard to believe, but here we are.  New month, new goals.  Right?  I'm trying to sort mine out for the month.  What would I like to strive for? What would I like to achieve?

At this moment, I want to just grab my camera and go outside.  But it's already too hot to consider and too thick to breathe. Even in the house with everything pretty much closed up for the day with fans running, I can feel the air like a weight in my lungs.

I think this month I am going to strive to do the online workshops I have signed up for.  And like actually do them!  Monday starts a two week herbal intro course with Herbal Academy.  I also signed up for a few freebies from Creative Live on photography.

I realized that ever since I got my first camera, many many moons ago, that I have always enjoyed taking pictures.  That was back when you had to wait and see if you got the shot, and hoped and prayed that you did.  You might remember those days of 35mm film.  I can remember back when my mom took pictures with a 110 and a cube flash bulb!  At some point I got a digital camera, it was nothing expensive. I think it was barely 100 bucks.  It served me well for point and shot stuff.  I got some decent photos with it, I think. 

Then, a few years ago, a friend gifted me her old Nikon Cool Pix.  And it too has served me well.  It's my toss it in my purse and carry everywhere camera. Since I have it on a lanyard, I'm thinking of wearing it every day for those moments I pop outside and see something.

A couple of years ago, I got a Canon Rebel for my birthday.  It sure was a surprise.  I have enjoyed it thus far. But I have so much to learn.  None of the video series I signed up for are specific to this camera.  They all sound pretty general and all around classes.  One is on starter kits, one is on choosing the right lens, another is on how to think like a photographer.

I have a hard time thinking outside of the box. Getting creative with the camera is foreign to me. I'm so ingrained with point and shoot, what ever it is that's it.  I want to learn the ins and outs of my camera.  How to take amazing photos of wildlife and nature and the Milky Way.

Going back to the herbal class.  I have wanted to learn about this for years now.  I was close to taking a class for it about ten years ago.  Then I put it on hold to take a leap into the unknown and never had the opportunity to re-enroll.  I still have my book and all the herbs that came with it.  I keep them in the dark in a sealed container. Whenever I check them, they still look and smell fine. 

There are so many things that I want to do in life.  Some days, especially when I see all these travel pictures or even things that are local-ish, I feel like I am missing out.  I don't drive, so I can't even take myself to the places.  There's no bus out here either.  I mean I'm surrounded by cows and crops.

I'm trying to take a new perspective on this.  Why can't I utilize what's around me?  It's all about thinking differently and using what I have.

Well, this post wasn't what I had in mind when I started but here we are.

Have Blessed Lammas!

No comments:

Post a Comment