Monday, October 22, 2012

Feeling Helpless

First you don't get a post in 3 months, now you get 3 in a row.

I hate feeling helpless.  I don't like not being able to fix something or help or just offer a shoulder to cry on or ear to listen.   CANCER SUCKS!  And when a loved one is battling it, it's rough.  Being so far away, I feel disconnected.   Out of the loop.  Everytime I hear nothing, I think oh things are going good.  Then I find out they have been in and out of the hospital for months.  They are back in right now being treated for an E-coli infection.  Once that is cleared up, they have to switch hospitals and have their stent changed.  I don't understand any of what's going on.  I don't understand how E-coli is common in cancer patients.  I feel helpless because I am not there and can't do anything to help.

I haven't emailed my loved one, the care giver in this as I don't know what to say.  It all seems so cliche and I don't want to say things that everyone normally says in situations like this. 

I don't know what stage they are in, I don't know what the prognosis is.  I really don't know anything except what kind it is.  I don't know if they are getting the best care and treatment options available or not.  I would assume they are, I hope they are.

It sucks they should be enjoying their life, not fighting for it.  I hope they go into remission and stay there.  I hope they can heal and enjoy life. 

Please send strength and healing to my family. 

1 comment:

  1. I would email your loved one. If not, and something should happen, you will probably always feel a sense of guilt.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete