Thursday, September 24, 2009

Writer's Workshop with MamaKat

Today MamaKat had some interesting prompts. Normally I try to do a couple, but I'm just going to do the one today.

The Prompts:

1) If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
2) Moxie is defined as the ability to face difficulty with spirit and courage; bold energy. Describe a time when you showed moxie.
3) Write a poem about a loved one who has shown you moxie. What have you learned from them?
4) If you were a super hero, what would your super power be and why?
5) A superhero can save you from what ails you....what is your request

So, I decided it would do #1.

If I could travel anywhere in the world...it'd would be the UK. Why? Hmmm... that's actually a good question. Most people would probably say things like to see Big Ben or London Bridge or Platform 9 3/4 (ok yes, I want to see the platform lol). But for me, I can't explain it. It's like I'm drawn there, I'm for some unknown reason meant to go there. Places like Cornwall and Glastonbury, they call to me, pulling me to come there. In a way it would almost feel like going home, I guess. And no, I'm not British. I was born and raised in Brooklyn. I'm Polish and Ukrainian, with I think a hint of Austrian and/or Bohemian maybe. So far as I know, there isn't a lick of British blood in my veins. So why do I feel such a strong need to go there? I don't know.

Yes, my favorite authors are from the UK, JK Rowling and JRR Tolkien. Yes, I'm a lover of Arthur and Excalibur, the Lady Morgan Le Fay, and all things of Avalon. But my desire to go there, goes back way before I ever discovered Rowling and Tolkien.

But if I had to pick, that's where I would go. And maybe one day my dream will become reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment