Thursday, June 21, 2018

Blessed Litha, Happy Summer, and We Have A Roof

First day of Summer and it's a beautiful day.  Some clouds, a breeze, and sunshine.  My cousin in Queens is enjoying a rainy Litha it seems.  I walked around the house a bit, enjoying some of our flowers. 

Last night we had an unexpected storm come through.  I felt like it was washing away the last bit of spring.  Wind, lightening, thunder, rain.  But as fast is it came up, that's how fast it went save the wind.  That left me with a view of the half moon and a planet shining bright in the distance while the sky continued to flash as the storm moved away.  It was quite the sight really.

This morning, as I was gazing out the window I saw a small white feather drift down but then it disappeared without a trace.  It should have landed on the hay bale, but it was no where.  For some reason, I felt like it might be Trish passing through.  Then later I saw one of those giant "wish" balls floating through the air.  I haven't seen one in YEARS!  When I was little I'd sometimes catch one and my mother would tell me to make a wish and then blow it away.  But I was in the car and didn't have the means to catch it while moving LOL.

Most exciting, WE HAVE A ROOF!  All the shingles are now on, new vent caps too.  Now we have to wait on an electrician to move some wires inside so they can finish drywalling then on to the rest.  Mud, texture, paint, etc.

The company we hired to do the work, doesn't actually do the work.  They sub everything out.  The guy they sent us to do the work has been great.  The guy from the hired company wants to cut notches in the brand new truss (That by the way was cut to the wrong size after two measurements!!! Worker guy and his team made it work.  He said this is common for the truss company they used and he hates them. But the alternative was wait for a new one and Goddess knows when that might have happened)  Worker guy wasn't comfortable with that idea, neither are we.  So this morning MommaT said hell no to notching the truss.  We might be looking at 2 weeks for said electrician to come out.  BUT HEY....We have a roof!!!!!!!!!

Hope you all enjoy the first day of Summer or Winter, depending on where you live.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you finally got your roof done. A big stressor is out of the way. Beautiful day here although a bit humid. Happy Solstice to you and tours.

    ReplyDelete