Friday, December 30, 2016

Another Year Is Almost Over

It's hard to believe that here we sit on the eve of New Year's Eve.  Even harder still to believe is that my sweet little niece turns 1 year old today!  My little lump of maple sugar is One!  The year flew by and yet...it didn't!

So much has happened in the world in the last year.  So much loss of beloved icons, so many from my childhood.  Prince, David Bowie, George Michael, Florence Henderson, Carrie Fisher, just to name a few.  Then, major fandom losses such as Alan Rickman (probably best known as Professor Severus Snape) which hit me hard and Ron Glass who will forever be Shepherd Book from Firefly/Serenity to me.

Our country will soon be hanging in the delicate balance as leadership will be changing.  I don't see much how he will lead and not destroy us.  All I can do I suppose is hope for the best, prepare for the worst because I really don't know what else to do.

I sit here looking out the window, everything all covered in frost and snow.  We have a good foot or more on the ground, with more coming for sure.  We have a deep freeze coming next week where our temperatures will be in the minuses for lows, single digits for highs.  Really not looking forward to that at all.  I can't remember the last time I have been with so much snow and such cold temps.  But all we can do is make the best of it and hope we don't lose power at any time.

But for today, I will prepare to celebrate.  Celebrate life and celebrate the joy that only a baby can bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment