Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy 2014!

First day and first post of the new year!!  Woo Hoo!  It is my sincerest hope to blog more often.  I think I set a record last year ending with 37 posts since I started this blog.  There is a lot on my "to do list" for this year besides blogging more often. 

Some of those things are:
  • To read more books!  I got a Kindle for my birthday just a standard, non-fancy one.  It's been great to discover different authors by downloading free books.  But this isn't going to be a hard goal to reach...I love books, I love to read!
  • To start a daily habit, if not weekly habit of keeping a journal.   
  • To take part in "The Documented Life" project.
  • To draw a daily Tarot or Oracle card.
  • To take part in the 365 Days of Art challenge.

There are more things on my list, I keep adding to it as I come across things I want to try or things that I want to accomplish this year.

Over the last few days, I've been thinking about what my word(s) for 2014 should be.  I started a list of ones that kind of struck a cord with me.  And as the new year drew closer, the words "Authentic Self" started to resonate.  Then late yesterday and again today, "Emerge" kept popping up.  The more I thought about it, the more I realized I wanted to find and "Emerge" as my "Authentic Self".  I was so tempted to back to me first word from a couple of years ago "freedom", it was so powerful and life changing.  But I didn't want it to be that easy and fall back on something.  I am truly trying to find my "Authentic Self" the who I am, where am I going, what is my path and goal in life self.  And I realize that I truly wish to "Emerge" as who I am, what ever that may be. 

So there they are!  My words for 2014: "EMERGE" and "AUTHENTIC SELF"  or to better phrase it "Emerge as my Authentic Self"
I hope these words serve me better than "Dare" did last year.  Some where along the way, it fell short.  Or more likely, I fell short and did not "Dare" as much as I should have.

Here's to finding my "Authentic Self" and "Emerging" as such.  Here's to an amazing 2014!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment