Saturday, October 26, 2013

Winter is Coming, And So Is NaNo

The weather is turning colder and colder.  Far colder this year so far as I can recall.  We've already had temps down into the 30s at night, with frost.  Starting next week, on Tuesday we can expect night time temps into the 20s...in fact Tuesday night is supposed to go down to 22!!  I'm starting to think there's some truth to the Wooley Bear Caterpillar!  Mom's seen 3 of them so far in the last month.  I saw my first yesterday, and it only had a thin band of reddish-brown around it's middle.  According the almanac's and old-wives tales, the thinner the band the harder the winter.  If these early low temps are an indication, I don't know what to expect for the next few months.  Does that mean we have lots of snow coming?  Just very cold temps?  So according to this cute fuzzy caterpillar...Winter is Coming!!

And next week, so is NaNo.  Five days until insanity ensues.  I'm happy that the voices in my head are tossing things out at me left and right.  I'm trying to keep things written down.  I have characters from my old, original NaNo project begging to be put in this one.  I have the character from that collaborative exercise demanding to be included as well.  It could all work out really well, it totally could.  I so anxious...no....I can't wait to get started, it's so hard to not start right now!  In my attempts to not forget ideas and writing them down, I end up instead writing 2-4 pages of stuff.  Crappy stuff, lacking all the details and scene description but still....and it makes me want to keep going and not stop.  It worries me that come the stroke of midnight and the calendar turns to November everything will stop just like it has before.  I don't dwell on the daily word count part too much, more that I want to reach the finish line.  I don't know what it is that makes me freeze up, that makes the voices grow silent, that makes my Muse disappear.

I was thinking about making an altar to Cerridwen.  The Goddess of writers, crafters, artists.  She was the first Goddess to ever call to me.  I don't know what I would put on an altar to her.  Maybe it would help, maybe not.

I just want to be able to write and be good at it.  I just want to win a NaNo even if it's all total shit and not written in an organized manner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment