Friday, January 21, 2011

Needing Some Advice


As some of you may know, I am wanting to open an Etsy shop. I have my name picked out already and saved. I just don't have anything listed yet. My biggest hurdle is FEAR and ME! I'm my own worst critic and feel like my creations might not be good enough to sell...but that's another issue to be dealt with later.

A while back, someone mentioned that a watercolor painting I did was good and should consider selling it. I started thinking that it might be something I want to add to my Etsy shop. But, of course, I don't want to part with the original. So the dilemma is how do I offer prints of a painting I might make? I'm working in an art journal and playing around with canvas panels at the moment. I thought about maybe taking one or two to like Staples or something and making a couple of copies to sell. But what kind of paper do I have it printed on to?

On an art forum I belong to, someone suggested printing it onto canvas with a bubblejet. I only have an HP inkjet that is currently out of ink and I don't have the money to buy more ink for it at the moment. Nor do I even know where to by canvas that can be printed on. I can't invest in having gilclee prints made either. Any ideas on how I can make a copy of one of my paintings to sell? Would a laser print from say Staples or Kinko's be acceptable? If you sell prints of your work, what do you use?

Another question I have that I cannot seem to find an answer to is regarding Paypal. I have a regular account at the moment. Do I need to upgrade it to a business account? Or does that only come into play if I have more than a certain number of sales per month or week? Or can I just leave it as a regular account?

I don't even know if my art is 'good enough'. Of course my inner critic says I'm out of my freaking mind to even think so. But any advice would be greatly appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. Wish I had some advice, but I know nothing about any of these topics!

    ReplyDelete