Thursday, April 22, 2010

It's Earth Day and Gizmo's Birthday

Happy Earth Day! I was barely 6 months old when the first Earth Day happened back in 1970. I can say that my parents weren't a part of it...though I did wear cloth diapers LOL. Who would have thought that 40 years later, I would turn out to be a tree hugger?

It's also our cat Gizmo's birthday. Well not his 'real' birthday, more like the his rescue birthday... He was found by my girls caught up in a soccer net that was wrapped around his neck and was choking him. He couldn't have been more than 6 weeks old or so at the time. To this day, his meow isn't as strong as it could be, but he does make himself be heard when he wants to. This cat has probably spent half his nine lives already with all he's been through...but he's a strong one and we love him to pieces. This is a photo my budding photographer took of him recently....Isn't he a beauty?

1 comment: