Sunday, April 18, 2010

I Hate People That Lie To Me

I may have mentioned once or twice now how I hate people that lie to me. I think some people actually think I'm stupid and won't figure it out. Or they just don't care that they are lying to me, and figure that I won't call them out on it or I'll let them get away with it. I honestly don't know.

I've been so angry at this person the last few days, I can barely think straight. It's messing with my appetite, my sleep, everything basically. I don't know what to do about it. Part of me wants to just call them and tell them off, and the other part wants to just let it go. But letting it go means letting them get away with it.

Here's the short version...About 2 years ago, a friend and I got very close. I began to trust them a lot. He started talking about how he wanted us to be together, he'd help me get out of here and what not. Then, last January out of the blue with virtually no warning he ends things. Says he needs to move back home, find himself, deal with unfinished business (translation: attempt to get back with his ex), and he had no time for me. He told me to move on with my life, and that he was sorry to hurt me that way. But it was for the best if we parted ways.

So move on I did. I met my beloved. He understands all the hurt and pain I've been through. And over the course of the last year we've become quite close. He's been there for me through everything thus far. Well, shortly after he and I got together, someone that knows all three of us decided to tell the Liar. And he would call me and text me constantly, grilling me and accusing me of things. This went on for months, I tried blocking him but I must have done something wrong because it didn't work. So I just started ignoring him...and by October after telling me he was a father, he seemed to give up. Until about a week ago.

I figured that my ignoring him was just running from a problem that needed to be faced sooner or later. So I answered his texts...and then he called when I told him I didn't appreciate being his back up plan. Come to find out, that he was hanging out with his current girl friend while he was calling and badgering me. He claims that the babies were the result of a one night stand. A lot of this was adding up, so once I knew when the babies were born, I did the math and called him out on that stuff too. He kept denying it all. Now he says they both know the relationship is a mistake and they both want out and he wants me back. BUT...his facebook info says different. On there he says he has a wonderful girl friend that is also the mother of his babies.

There's stuff that still doesn't quite add up for me. Parts of the conversation keep playing over and over in my mind. I just don't know what to do about it.

And things get even stranger...the girl he is with...happens to be my beloveds ex-girl friend. They live on the west coast, he lives mid-west, and I'm east coast. So this is totally weird in the most unlikely of ways.

So what do I do? Do I confront him with the information that I know? Do I go back to ignoring him? Do I go to his girl friend and tell her? I just don't know.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like he's a total crazymaker. You cannot win or get ahead dealing with people like that. Interacting in any way with him just lets him mess you up. Here's my two cents worth -- cut him out of your life, ignore him, move on, never interact with him again. It's just not worth the hassle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Debra's statement. Run like hell. Do. Not. Look. Back. Who was that Pillar of Salt lady in the Bible? Lot's wife or something. There's a reason you don't go back to a disaster!

    It sounds like you have a great guy now. Take comfort in that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think at this point, you are both right. As I think about it, I don't see a solution to confronting him about his lies. But he doesn't seem to take a hint. I may have to find a breaking the ties kind of spell to get him out of my life if he doesn't go willingly. Only thing is, I don't know of any and I've never actually cast a spell before.

    ReplyDelete