Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Finally, A Bit Of Good News!

 On Monday, I went back to the doctor for a follow up to my biopsy the week before to get my results.

The good news is.........THE BIOPSY WAS CLEAN!!!  Nothing was detected in any of the samples.
PHEW!!! <insert sigh of relief here>

However...
I will still need to have a hysterectomy.

Doctor said I have a very angry looking uterus.
But I didn't think to ask what exactly that meant.
He did biopsy all the angry looking areas, and those were all clear too.
Hmmph No wonder I am still hurting.  He really did poke the bear!!

He said I could try an IUD....BUT.....
Because of the adenomyosis he doesn't believe that the IUD would stay and do it's job.
He believes it would expel soon after being inserted.
I didn't want to go that route anyway because I've heard too many bad things about IUDs.

So because I basically have endometriosis IN my uterine walls, the likelihood of having it 
outside as well is a very good possibility.  And every cycle they bleed because they don't know better.
Which explains painful and heavy cycles.

The question becomes now do I take out or leave the ovaries in.
As it stands, if he sees they need to be taken he will do so.  I have until mid October to decide if I just
want to say "fuck it, take them".

IF I were to leave them, there is a 65% chance of needing a second surgery to remove them after all.
A 30% chance of recurring pain, or remaining in pain as I am now.
Taking them right off, reduces a second surgery to a 30% chance. And pain to 4%.

I think I know what I'm going to do.
I think I know what I want to do.
But I worry if it's the right decision.

I've only done a little research right now.
I was immediately getting overwhelmed.
Of course many of the things I found were all OMGDOOM!DONTTAKETHEOVARIES!!!
Nevermind what mine are doing to me right?
At the same time I was finding similar things to just having a hysterectomy.

Oddly though, I couldn't seem to find much by way of more recent articles, or things about my particular age group.  Most of these were about women 45 and under.

I think I will just sit with it all this week and try to relax.
And Breathe!
Then next week I can try to do some research.   I have some time yet.

2 comments:

  1. I had a painful battle with endometriosis towards the end of my menstrual life. Basically for one day of the month, I couldn't get out of bed. It hurt to walk. Sometimes the pain would make me throw up. And then, thank the Goddess, I hit menopause and that took care of it! You have my sympathy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really have quite a decision to make. I know what I would do, but this is your decision, not mine, so I am not even going to say. Whatever you decide know that you have a friend here who cares and will be with you all the way.

    ReplyDelete