Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Crazy Times We Living Through

If you'd have told me that I would see something of this scale and magnitude in my life time
I probably would have thought you were crazy.

I mean, I've seen crazy shit like this living in the South.
OMG...hurricane coming stock up on non-perishables. 
OMG.......snow flurries in the forecast.
And you go to the store for "normal" stuff but everything like
milk, bread, and eggs are gone.
This like the South with a snow flurry forecast, but on crack!!

We had our first case announced on Friday.
Saturday, you couldn't find Milk, Eggs, Butter, Packaged deli
meats or cheese, Sausages, Kielbasa, or Brats, no hot dogs either.
Forget yougurts and OJ.
Fresh veggies were slim on some things too.
The frozen stuff was hit and miss.
No TP, hand soap or sanitizer, no bottled water.
Good luck finding Ground Beef, Chicken of any kind, or even
Pork Chops.
That was at Fred Meyer (Kroger for you Southern folk)

Went to a local owned store, it was more of the same.
But we did find milk and eggs at least.
This store does a case lot sale the first 2 weeks of March.
I think this is the first time I have ever gone where they are almost
completely out of EVERYTHING!

We figured we'd go ahead and grab what we need for the next week
or two and hunker down best we can.  Help with all that social
distancing and such.

Why is it so easy to stay home and not go anywhere when you want to?
But when it's imposed or suggested for the good of the realm, it's suddenly
the end of the world and you're stir crazy five minutes into the first day.
I'm trying hard not to over think or dwell on the doom and gloom of it all.
I feel like our so called leadership has be fucking useless in all of this crisis.
Can we please get some real adults in there to handle the situation?

I am truly amazed by all the people saying it's a hoax.
Or it's not really "That" bad.
Or thinking they are invincible and can't/won't get it.
Yet they are probably the same fuckers that are hording shit left and right.

It's just fucking crazy!
And I never thought I would see something like this in my lifetime.

All that to say, we are good for now.  Being smart, staying home.
It it my wish for you all to do the same, stay well & be safe.

2 comments:

  1. You're probably right about the naysayers being the hoarders, LOL! Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's dreadful. We have 664 cases here in the city at last count. I wish the stores would set a designated time for us elderly and disabled like some places are doing. I was almost knocked down on Friday by a woman racing down the aisle to get the last two cases of water. Now what if I, a senior citizen, was heading to get some. She didn't care. It's all me, me, me.

    ReplyDelete