Thursday, October 10, 2019

Too Cold, Too Soon

It's been cold!
Like freeze warning cold!!
I don't like it.
Not one bit!

This morning, they said it was the lowest so far.
Here by us, it was around 25.
Some places, it was down to 10!!
This is October.
We have barely even had Fall yet.

I look out the back door and into my neighbor's field and there is ICE on the grass.
Not frost, but ice.
They are draining the water lines and so there is a slow stream from the spouts.
This is make little ice shard forests in the grass.
It looks kind of neat from the window actually.
I haven't ventured out there though.

Some places in the mountains have already had snow.
The close snowfall was about 40 miles away.
I don't think that they got a whole lot.
It's just the thought of snow in freaking October...UGH!

I've looked at 3 different almanacs and Accuweather's post the other day.
They are all different!  Not one agrees with another.
One almanac says we're gonna be in for it.
Another says average.
Accuweather says mild.

I feel like we're gonna be in for it.
I don't know why.  But my body has been aching in odd ways for weeks now.
Judging by how cold it is and we're not even a month into Fall....I'd be rather
surprised if we didn't have a hard winter.
I mean, all the little birds have already disappeared!
Haven't seen one since mid September.

My cousin says the East Coast is in for it again too.
I know people out that way are seeing solid black Wooly Bear catapillars.
That's a  sign of a hard winter.
My cousin was saying that the birds and squirrels are putting up their stores, too.

I dread to think what it will be like.
We're trying to be some what prepared.
Or at least as much as we possibly can.

I'll be getting to go on a day trip to the mountains next week, weather permitting.
Hopefully, I'll get to see some leaves turning colors.
Definitely taking the camera!
Hoping to have something to share.


3 comments:

  1. Shall I be the one to say: "Winter is coming"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They say this year we are in for a colder and snowier winter. I sure do hope they are wrong. I don't want to be housebound.

    ReplyDelete