Sunday, January 1, 2012

HELLOOOOOOO 2012!


I spent this quiet day with my Beloved and his Mom. I attended Effy's "Book of Days" kick off and watched her live stream. Shit that woman is talented!

I spent most of the afternoon working on my Book of Days cover, and looking at all the sites of the art stuff I will be doing this year. I'm gonna jump on the Creative Every Day 2012 band wagon. I almost forgot I am going to try and do Louise Gale's Color Challenge. Tee Thompson's prompt for the start of the new year is Fire and Ice, challenge accepted! And then...I found Milliande's January Prompt: "BE A SEED".

So in between coats of paint drying and gessoing, I watched a couple of videos. Started on my Be A Seed page. And contemplating how I'm going to do Fire and Ice.

Over on Wizardess's page, she talked about her card for the year. So following her instructions, I figured out my number and it's 9 which is the Hermit card. (For some lame reason, I thought it was Strength which is appropriate actually. I think I counted instead of looked at the numbers). Anywho...the Hermit is equally fitting with Paulina Cassidy's description as "A time for self-reflection and soul-searching, solitude, deep understanding, retreat, gaining perspective toward the outside world."

I am still keeping my fingers crossed on taking Lifebook. But the way it is right now, the only way I can do it is if it's gifted to me. The same with DEEP! Or else, I'd have to hit the lotto LOL.

Hope you all had a wonderful first day of 2012!

PS: I would like to thank you all for the lovely comments that you've left. The ones of encouragement and the ones about my accomplishments last year. With out the encouragement, support and prayers of many of you I might not have made it as far as I did. Without my Beloved, his family, my girls and all of you I wouldn't be where I am today. And for that I am very grateful.

1 comment:

  1. New year, fresh start...sounds like you have plans aplenty. Good luck with all of them.

    ReplyDelete