Monday, January 11, 2010

A Time for Learning...Maybe?

Okay, so I've had this nagging, drawing, calling, yearning...not sure what to call it exactly but I've been wanting to study herbology and naturopathy. I've been wanting to do this for a few years now. But I can only do distance learning right now. Where I am, there aren't any schools of natural health or the like. I really want to do this, but I don't know how legit some of these places I find online are. One that I'm seriously considering is Global College of Natural Medicine. I want to take the Master Herbalist, but I also want to take the Holistic Health Practitioner course. Now, I can take the MH first, and a portion of the cost of it would be applied to the other when I was ready to take it. The MH would cost about $1650 or so. Of course, I don't have that kind of money. They do offer payment plans though.

But here's the kicker, on the way back from bankruptcy court the other day, "HE" asked me if there was something I really wanted to do but felt like something was holding me back. Of course the sarcastic side of me wanted to blurt out "YES YOU!" but I held my tongue. So I told "HIM" I wanted to learn Holistic Medicine, be an herbalist, etc. I told "HIM" I'd been looking into schools and such. And "HE" actually offered to pay for it. I'd have to wait a month or two for tax refund to come in and all and "HE" said I could use a little to make the down payment and then put the rest on monthly payments.

I don't know what to do. If I allow this, "HE" is going to expect something in return at some point, what ever that may be. "HE" will hold it over me that "HE" did such and such. I want to take the classes but do I really let "HIM" pay for it? And then I don't know how legit the school is. I don't know any one that took their courses.

I mean I haven't even registered with them or anyone for that matter, because I honestly don't know where to take my courses from, and "HE'S" already planning on what I can or will do once I have a certificate. "HE" even went so far as to take me to this new area by the mall where they are putting in some new shops and said this would be a great place to open an herb shop. I mean WTF? Seriously? I haven't taken one lesson or anything. Haven't even decided if I really want "HIM" to pay for it. And "HE'S" making plans. All "HE" sees is dollar signs, with "HIM" everything is always about money. It's frustrating and annoying. "HE" can never and is never satisfied, "HE" always wants more.

So what do I do? Do I let "HIM" pay for it? Do I go through GCNM? Do I keep looking? Do any of you my trusty followers have any suggestions on schools? Or is any one familiar with GCNM?


No comments:

Post a Comment