Tuesday, April 24, 2018

What's New?

I feel like no one uses Blogger anymore.  So many I have been following since I started this blog have quit.  It's sad really. Gone are the mornings I would get up and grab a cup of coffee, check my email, then come here to read everyone's daily posts.  So few keep their blogs up to date on here anymore.  I'm guilty too, though, aren't I? Seeing as I haven't posted here since January.

December, Mom and Dad T. bought the house.  It was a nice Christmas present for them.  They went through a lot of needless crap to get this place with people not following through, repeatedly asking for the same paperwork, waiting for the property to get properly split.  Almost 6 months of back and forth!  

January, Mom T. had a knee replacement.  She suffered a set back midway through PT.  They got worried it was a clot and got an emergency ultrasound done. Thankfully there wasn't one.  So the strange pain was a mystery, still is but at least it is gone.  She is doing a lot better now, even improvement on her extension at the last PT visit.

Outside of that, February and March were fairly uneventful.  Just living life, waiting for Spring. Grateful we didn't have the Snowpocalyps 2.0 everyone predicted.  

Towards the end of March, I received an unexpected message on Facebook.  My sister reached out to me after almost 10 years.  She wants to trace the family tree.  I struggled some with this.  But in the end, after a lot of thinking, I told her I'd help her and answer what I could for her.  She didn't choose to be adopted, she has a right to know where she came from. She asked if I had photos to share as well.  Thank goodness for the digital age in that regard.  I did have to tell her that my (our) mom died four years ago.  I didn't tell her at the time for several reasons.  I don't know if this is going to open communications with us or not, but I'm prepared either way. (I Think.)

That brings us to April.  Isn't March supposed to be the windy month?  Well around here, April is really bringing the wind.  We had a wild windstorm two weeks ago.  Had some 60+ mph gusts come up, which split a tree. Which then fell on the roof and partially into the kitchen.  I was out in front of the house trying to grab up roof shingles that were getting blown off and dodging twigs and small branches.  I had no idea what happened until Mom T. pulled me into the house.  It looked like an avalanche with all the insulation covering much of the kitchen floor, counters, and stove.  We had to go a whole day with the limb on the house before a company came out and removed it.  Then we had to have tarps and such put up to keep rain out.

The adjuster has been out, they've estimated the work. Tomorrow the other half of the tree will be  cut down :(  Hopefully the guy will be coming out to measure the trusses so they can start building them.  By the time they are done, we will have a new roof with at least 2-3 trusses replaced, a new ceiling in half the house, and they will paint the ceiling in all the connected rooms. So everything but the bedrooms is getting a coat of paint.

This isn't anything I have ever been through. But I used to be a licensed P & C agent, so I can at least help navigate a little bit.  It is definitely a learning experience for all of us.

I'm finally getting around to reading Women Who Run With The Wolves.  A friend of mine is hosting a read and discuss over 20 weeks with a group of 40 other beautiful women.  I've only had the book for about 2 years now.  But it feels like it is time.  As the Universe would have it, if I was unsure, just to let me know I was on the right track I found an online class/seminar hosted by Gail Jessen.  SO YES!  IT IS TIME!

Time to find the Wild Woman, La Loba.  To gather the Bones.  I'm curious though of what she is known as in the Celtic Tradition and in Eastern European/Slavic Paganism.  I don't think I am asking the right question in Google. 

So that's it, that's what's new in my neck of the woods.  Hope all is  well with all of you. Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same as you, and I am guilty. I was gone for quite awhile. It had to be because when I returned last week, Moontides still had its Christmas decor. I think I was burned out from trying to keep up too many blogs at once. I had 8 at one time, that, and I always had the feeling that I had to write a long post. Going to be different this time. Welcome back. Glad to see you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary! I know, I feel bad if I write something short. But some days it's all I have.
      It's good to see you too. I tried to run a few blogs myself, but I just didn't feel like had enough material for all of it. I am keeping this one because there are still people I've connected with here. But I am more active on my Word Press one. I am going to try and being more active here though. I really do miss it.

      Delete