Monday, August 4, 2014

Goddess Fest 2014

Last weekend I went to my first ever Pagan festival in Boise called Goddess Fest.  This was their 20th year.  It wasn't very big, but big enough.  Lots of booths selling things like books, gem stones, jewelry, clothing.  A handful of tarot readers.

I walked a labyrinth for the first time in my life.  It was very peaceful, soothing, and meditative.  For completing it, I was giving a small stone with the labyrinth carved into it.

They had several tents set up with altars.  One to Lilith, one to Gaia, Kuan Yin, Hekate, and many more.  There were to different altars to Rhiannon.  Never did I feel more peaceful and called to a Goddess than when I stood or knelt before these.  Each altar had a little token from the Goddess to take as a reminder.  The largest tent had a great sculpture of Mother Earth and the Green Man (at least I think that's who it was).  In there was a box and note paper to jot down any prayers or blessings you might want to ask or need.  At the end of the festival they would be offered up to the Lord and Lady.

One tent I stopped by that was filled with all sorts of gems and stones.  I wanted so many it was hard to pick so in the end I didn't get any.  But just touching or running my hands through them I could feel the energies off them.  That's something I never experienced before.  It was kind of cool!

I really enjoyed it and hoped to go back again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment