Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Another Year Over

And a new one on the horizon, about to begin. 
Okay, well in approximately 12 hours and 20 minutes, give or take (my time of course).

I've contemplated what to do with this blog.
It's that time where I think, maybe I should archive it.
Well, archive all the posts and start fresh.
Then I think, no...leave this and start a whole new one.
Then I think how attached I am to this one and do I really want to put it in a box.

Yes, no, maybe....I dunno.
I go through this phase every so often.
I mean, after all, I've had this blog for ten years!
It's seen me through some shit, and then some.
No, I can't part with it.  And I don't think I can archive the posts.
But at the same time, I want something fresh.  So maybe I'll just redo the layout or theme.
I haven't decided, my brain is still too muddle with "the plague".

Yep, I've been down for a week now.  The creeping crud that I managed to dodge from
everyone finally caught up  with me on Christmas Eve.
I skipped going to see the lights so that I could hopefully recuperate for the next day.
But that didn't happen.  I was pretty much down and out.  I went to see the kiddos open
gifts and then came back home and went promptly to bed. Where I stayed for the next couple of days.

I've finally managed to come out of the cave (my room) the last couple of days.
But the cough just won't quit, which is exhausting.
I'll give it a few more days, then I'll think about going to the doctor.
There's not much to be done, I don't think.
Fluids and fluids and rest and more fluids. Which I am already doing.


I've been thinking about my Word of the Year for a bit now.
I decided early on that for the first time I am keeping my word for a second year.
I had chosen SACRED as my word for 2019, and I didn't follow with it as I had hoped to.
And so I am going to carry it into 2020.
BUT....
I am choosing a second word.
This one came to me while reading a promo email for some class/workshop thing.
You know the ones....throw your money at me because I have all the answers and take my class
so I can show you all my secrets kinda thing.
I skimmed over the email, as one does with these types of things that I don't have money to
spend on anyway.
But one word kept jumping out at me.

ALIGN(MENT).

I toyed with it.  Mulled it over.
Chewed on it. Thought some more.
It seems right.  It seems a good second word.

To align with the Sacred.
To align with my desires.
To come into Sacred Alignment with:
*Myself
*My Art
*My Writing
*My Path in life
*My Photography
*My Beliefs
*My Wants, Desires, Needs.

It sounds good in theory.
But putting it into practice, well...that's another story.
I haven't come up with a plan yet.
I had intended to, but the "Plague" had other plans and derailed me temporarily.

I want 2020 to be  different.
I don't want to keep repeating the same patterns over and over.
I don't want to keep falling into the same traps.

So here's to new ways and new things, new thoughts and new adventures.
May we all have a happy, healthy, and prosperous new year.

TO 2020!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. "Sacred" and "Alignment" -- two GREAT words! I hope you feel better soon! Best wishes for 2020. May it be a wonderful year for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debra ❤
      And all the best to you and yours in 2020!

      Delete
  2. Wishing you and yours a very Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I wish you and yours a most Happy New Year!
      Here's to the 20's!!

      Delete