Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Happy September!

 Rabbit, Rabbit as they say.

Here's hoping September is a little more kind to all of us.


Finally went to the doctor's appointment that I have been putting off for several months now.  I waited until the last possible moment to go....well basically because my experience has been that the doctor was dismissive of my complaints.

So now that I was able to finally switch doctors. AND...now that I absolutely had to go in.  
And today was that day.
A doctor who listened.  Who did not dismiss what I said. Who is open minded.

After a one hour visit and EIGHT!!!! vials of blood later...............
I left knowing that yes I do have fibro. 
I left knowing I can't take my prescription that was controlling my monthly and the polyps.
Diagnosed also with migraines and those with aura...hence the call to stop my prescription.

He is testing me for everything and anything.
Hormones, Thyroid, Blood Sugar, Sjogren's, Lupus, and I don't know what all else.  Just
a lot of STUFFS!  He  basically also wants to see if I have just fibro or fibro and ????? whatever else may be.  He said sometimes it is a stand alone thing and sometime it isn't.  But the only way to know for sure is lab work.
There's an ultrasound scheduled and more than likely a biopsy too.  Just to rule out things.
I'm not thrilled about the biopsy stuff. I'd rather avoid it if I could.  But he thinks it's in my interest to have it and rule other things out.   He's encouraging that I do this because I am now a woman of a "certain age" as they say.  And I'm in that window of where things go stupid.


After all that, even though I have now eaten....I feel drained.  I could take a nap I think but it won't make me feel better so I'll ho-hum through the afternoon.  Maybe I'll have some coffee.  I only had a half cup this morning.

I'm so overwhelmed at the moment I can't really process or remember everything.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you found a doctor that listens. I'm tired of mine crediting old age with my aches and pains and not taking it seriously. I have known for years that I have osteoarthritis, but also have fibro. Have all the tender points, but he doesn't even test me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've found a good doctor who is being very thorough. Eight vials of blood! No wonder you feel tired, LOL! Rest up until your body manufactures replacement blood cells! Glad you've got some answers now (fibro and migraines with auras) and hope you get some more after all the tests.

    ReplyDelete