Sunday, September 27, 2020

It's Been A Painful Week

 This week has just been painful....no two ways about it.
I wasn't expecting to hurt this long.  But here we are.

Yesterday I was outside with the little monster while she tossed around the dog's toy.
Girl's got a wild pitch and accidently hit me right where the doctor poked the bear.
HOLY FUCK! Did that hurt!!!
We think I'm bruised there now on top of the poked bear spot.  So double the fun...NOT!


But aside from that yesterday just sucked balls.
Screw everything else that's happened...which also sucks in a major way.
But...Fred.
Oh Fred. *sob*

He was fine in the morning. Mom said he even ate all his breakfast.  I let him out at 8:30 AM
and he was fine.  Even came back without being called. 
By the afternoon though, something was terribly wrong.
Sister and the kids came over and he didn't get up. He didn't bark.
Which is SO NOT FRED! 
I tried but he wouldn't get up.  Beloved tried and he wouldn't get up. So Beloved helped up and
poor baby cried. I managed to coax him half way to the door and he laid down again.
We thought it was his back because he's a long dog.  Long dogs as they get older get back problems.
Sister looked in his mouth and his gums were white.
He was going into shock and we didn't know why.

Sister and Mom scooped him up and jumped in the car, rushing him to the vet.
After determining he didn't get into any kind of poison the vet did an ultrasound.
It turns out, his spleen ruptured and he was bleeding internally.  It was a cancer we had no
idea he even had because he had been fine.  He was always just being Fred.
Even if they did surgery, he would have had to have chemo.  At best he would have had six 
more months after that and it would be a painful six months.

Mom made the heart breaking decision to let him go with dignity and spare him more pain.

We are all just heart broken. We have 4 other dogs, but the house is just too quiet without Fred.
No clippity cloppity on the floor from him walking.  No woo wooing when he'd talk to you.
It sucks!  I want my Fred back!! Fuck Cancer!!!!!

He just turned 9 last month.  We were supposed to have a few more years with him.
Vet said he is seeing more and more of this kind of cancer in dogs.  And it's the worst kind because you don't know about it until it's too late.  Did I mention FUCK CANCER?!



4 comments:

  1. Oh I am so sorry for your loss. Our fur babies are a part of my family. I still mourn my little girl who passed a few years ago and have cried for my first dog, Susie, who passed nearly 60 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He had a rough start in life. But when we got him, we gave him the best possible life.
      The house is just too quiet without him.

      Delete
  2. Poor old Fred. You made the right decision not to let him suffer. My condolences and may Fred rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debra.
      There was just no way we could let him suffer for the next maybe six months. I think this was really our only choice however painful it is for us.

      Delete