Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Happy World Photography Day!

 10 Lines on World Photography Day for Students and Children in ...  

I had heard it was coming around, but I had no idea it's be celebrated since 1839!!!

That's a REALLY long time!

I've been trying to motivate myself to work more with my camera.
Trying to keep up with a weekly challenge.
I suck at the daily ones.
I'm not doing so hot with the weekly one either.  Not consistent.  
Story of my life I suppose.

Just like with my art.
So much inconsistency.
One would think with my not being to go anywhere much of the time,
that I'd be flinging paint like a mad woman.
But I still feel so paralyzed by guilt and fear.

I had planed to share a few of my nature shots with you all. 
But I was blessed with new computer guts and well all those are on the old
hard drive, which even though is installed in my tower.  A) I don't know if it's
connected. and B) If it is, I can't figure out how to access it.
And the week long migraine I've had, has had me not very interested in figuring it out.

Thus the reason for the recent radio silence.
It's better, but not completely gone.
It seems to be hanging out in my neck. Which is making sitting at my PC a little uncomfortable.

When I am feeling more myself, I will definitely get a few pictures up.

Between the heat, the smoke, and the migraine I've just not felt like fiddling with things that
require me to be some what technical or to pay attention.  My focus hasn't been there much either.

If you haven't heard, the PNW and California and Nevada are on fire again this year. 
We have at least 4 that are 29-40 miles from us.  There's one that is 1.5 hours from here.  If you look
at the fire map, it's just flame dots everywhere from the coast to Colorado basically.  So the smoke the last couple to three/four days has been increasing.  Some times it literally smells like your in the middle of a camp fire.  None are a threat to us physically.  But it makes the air just plain gross.

In the mean time, I'll leave with the slightly dated photo of my baby boy who just turned 9 years old a couple of weeks ago.  He's an ass, but he's my ass.

 Image may contain: cat

4 comments:

  1. I think Covid and shelter in place has brought changes to us all. I love making jewelry but have been unable to pick it up since Covid began. Instead now I've found new things to take up my time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought....I hoped...it would have the opposite affect on me. But alas I was wrong.
      I can try to do better though.

      Delete