Saturday, August 1, 2020

How Is August Already?

First and foremost, Lammas Blessings dear readers and friends.
Happy August!  Rabbit, Rabbit as they say.

So much on my heart and mind
And I can't seem to find the words to make sense of it all.
I keep thinking of my Babci and man I'm grateful that she isn't
alive to see what is happening in this country.
At the same time, I feel like she must be rolling over in her grave.
I feel like I can hear her saying,
"I've been through this and it doesn't turn out well"

I shared a post on my FB about a medic who was in Portland
that got hit in the chest with a "non-lethal round" and someone
asked me if I was anti-police.
I've been trying to figure out how to even respond to that.
So far I am choosing to not engage. 
But at the same time how can someone be okay with
mercenaries shooting at and harming medics.  People who are
clearly marked as such that it's undeniable what their role is.
People who these mercenaries can clearly see are trying to help
the wounded and this....THIS IS WHAT THEY DO?

I wanted to scream at this person....these are NOT police. These
are hired hands doing some POS's dirty work.  As someone who is
friends with many retired EMS workers, how can you be okay with this?
What if that medic was one of your friends on the front lines? 

And don't get me started on the way they are attacking the press who
are on the front lines trying to report on it all.  How many have lost
an eye to these "non-lethal rounds"?

UGH!! UGH!! UGH!!
So much I want to say and express.
And I just don't know how! 
It makes me angry.
It makes my heart hurt.
It makes me feel helpless.

Then there's the people that say that wearing a mask is all part of a conspiracy.
That the virus is a hoax or just not as bad as we're told.

But I have friends who have had it and they say other wise.
That is bad. It's awful.  I have a cousin who died to it.
The Beloved has a friend who's father is in the hospital with it and it's not looking good.
The Beloved's brother was exposed. Two of his sisters have been exposed.
Thank the gods they are all okay!
His Mom's NP is in the hospital fighting for his life right now with this virus..

The state should be going back a couple stages.
Our cases and deaths are rising.
Our hospitalizations are rising.
But the governor says people's common sense will prevail so we can reopen.
When I go out, I'm surrounded by stupid.
All these people and their children that go around unmasked.
All the ones that say "PUT OUR KIDS BACK TO SCHOOL! They won't get it."
Then I see the sleep over camp in Georgia with 597 in residence and what is it now
76% tested positive?  Majority for that being 6 - 10 year olds. 

I just can't. 
It's all too much.

And I just don't see things getting better any time soon with the leadership we have.

This barely touches the surface of the jumbled mess of words that is swirling inside me.

Stay safe, wear a fucking mask. 

2 comments:

  1. This is a nightmare. I feel the same as you. I am so sick and tired of these selfish people who refuse to wear a mask, refuse to think about protecting others. I have FB friends who I just skim by because they are touting all these darn conspiracy theories. My heart is so heavy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, there are two pandemics going on right now -- Covid-19 and stupidity.

    ReplyDelete