Sunday, August 2, 2020

A Little Lighter Faire Today

I wanted to come in today with something a little lighter.
Something less doom and gloom, and OMGTHESKYISFALLING!

We have garden this year.  Which is making me all kinds of
happy and YAY Fresh veggies that I grew!
Everything is from seed, that I started.
"Mom" helped getting some of them going a couple months ago
when we hatched this plan.  We had a seed planting day.
Well I had more than one but that only because I had to acquire more
seeds.

There doesn't seem to me a whole lot of things I've done right.
But I feel like this is something I can do.
It's becoming one of my happy places.
I don't do outside much...
Because...Well BUGS!  Ew! 
And wasps...a whole lotta NOPE right there.
I'm learning to be a peace with the honey bees that visit.

So I thought I'd share some pictures of my happy place.
In another post I will share some of my garden friends.

Tomato "cage"
 3 varieties!
Kohlrabi to the left. 
Brussels in the square.
Another view of the tomatoes.
And the Garden Bed. Which has Brussels, Zucchini
and Cucumber. Also holding a pot of peppers and rogue tomato.
In the white plant boxes: Eggplant, Spring Onion, Heirloom Lettuce.


In this box are Early Girls, but they are
having a bit of  slow start.

Top Left: PEAS!  since been harvested and eaten. and some
struggling to get going Patty Pan.
Top Right: Cherry tomatoes in the red box.  Broccoli, Brussels,
and seeds for Bush Beans and Beets (they are now growing)
Bottom Left: The bed before I planted stuff.
Bottom Center: Kohlrabi
Bottom Right: Earlier photo of the Tomatoes 

4 comments:

  1. Love your garden. I miss mine, but I gave that up when we decided we wanted to go to a building instead of renting another home. Love those fresh veggies. I had bought a good juicer and every day would pick from the garden and made us a fresh juice. Made me feel so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know some people would put a single pot of a tomato plant on their fire escape. Maybe a green pepper too.
      The ex bought a juicer back when it was the thing to have. I never could get into the habit of using it. And when he realized how much it would take just to make apple juice...into the cupboard it went and stayed LOL.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely garden! One of the women I worked with always used to grow Early Girl tomatoes and they were lovely. One of my favourite things is eating fresh peas from the shell -- so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will not deny that I sampled peas right off the vine :)
      I was really expecting to have at least the Early Girls by now. But I am just now getting some fruit on one of them.

      My San Marzanos have a few on there. As does the Mortgage Lifters and Beefsteaks. And the Cherry Tomatoes too. But all are still green or in the tiny stages.
      I can't wait!

      Delete